Benevolence
Hospital and Extended Care
Marriage Ministry
Prayer
Reach Up Reach Out

Lessons - Monthly Archives: August 2008

Worldviews – Week 2 – August 31, 2008

August 31st, 2008

This week in the Coffee House we talked about Truth.  Specifically, that Truth must meet three demands.  It must:

1. Make exclusive claims2. Correspond to reality

3. Be coherent and livable

Truth is absolute as reiterated in John 14:16 when Jesus said “I am the Way, the Truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

To discover Truth, we must love it and pursue it.  Rather than tolerate anything, we must battle against falsehood and do the work to understand the “truth” of various groups/cultures that bombard us every day. 

John 18:37 says that Jesus came into the world to testify to the truth.  Have you been a testimony for Jesus this week?

Topic Description Date
Worldviews – Week 2 – August 31, 2008 This week in the Coffee House we talked about Truth.  Specifically, that Truth must meet three demands.  It must:       1. Make exclusive claims2. Correspond to reality 3. Be coherent and livable Truth is absolute as reiterated in John 14:16 when Jesus said “I am the Way, the Truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but throu ... [more] 8/31/2008
Introduction to Worldviews – August 24, 2008 This week in the Coffee House we talked about how important it is to think about Worldviews because we are susceptible to being persuaded.  Some questions Derrick will expound on in the coming weeks include: 1.  Who is God? (Authority, Revelation) 2.  What is truth?  (Reality) 3.  How do we know with certainty? (Knowledge) 4.  ... [more] 8/24/2008